So, he swallowed a razor blade. That's right, my patient swallowed a razor blade. Not the whole razor, just the blade. Apparently, he had the blade in his hand (as an inmate, that's generally frowned upon), saw someone coming, panicked, and put it in his mouth to hide it. Unfortunately he then accidentally swallowed it. He came to the emergency room later complaining of abdominal pain (go figure). The trick is, the blade didn't show up on his xray. I'm still not exactly sure where that blade is, but to you, O swallower of blades, I wish you luck. Lots of luck.
The moral of the story is: don't swallow blades.
Sheesh.
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
6 years ago



5 comments:
You. Are. Kidding!!!!!! Wow. Were you able to help relieve his abdominal pain since you couldn't see it on the xray?! You see, my mind has moved onto what will happen to the razor blade next -- where it will go. YIKES!!!!!! (Could that kill you?)
Yikes is right! That's exactly what I was thinking too! What a painful exit for the razor blade! "sheesh" - that's funny.
Hi Mallorie!
Britney told me to check out your blog because you had some great stories. I didn't know I would get helpful advice as well. Bonus!
Oh Heidi! Welcome! :) I'll keep the advice comin...you'll learn special things here.
And Britney and Stephanie, we couldn't do anything about his pain except watch, and wait. And hope for a safe exit. Best case scenario, he was lying about swallowing it and he will never have any complications. I'm not sure what the worst case is, and I'm not even sure what happened with it.
And again I say, sheesh.
OK, so I "blog-stalked" you off of Britney's. I am going to have to ask permission to check back here often, because, Um, yeah, your stories are hilarious! Maybe hilarious isn't the right word for some of these poor souls who swallow stuff, etc. I suppose I should use the word "interesting"! So, I hope it is ok with you, I may check back for more "interesting" stories.
Post a Comment