My sister and I were talking recently about my single-ness. She set me up on a blind date with a guy she really knows nothing about which is awesome for me because it's kind of like a grab-bag: you reach inside hoping you pull out the giant candy bar and instead you pull out the mini yo-yo that doesn't even work. It's tricky being "older" (I am the ripe old age of 29...) and dating because you start eyeing each other with mistrust from the very beginning. No matter what the other person seems like on the outside, there's that question lurking in the background-Why are you still single? If you're really all that, shouldn't someone be dating you? This applies of course to everyone except me. I'm still single because...well just because. So my sister and I were talking about this blind date and I asked, so why do you think he's still single? And she responded with, "You know Mallorie, there are those guys who are single because there's something strange about them, and there are those who are single just because. What you really have to find out is, are they the old out-of-date spam, or are they expensive aging wine?" And so I ask, who am I really? Spam or aging wine?
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
6 years ago



7 comments:
You are an aged wine of course...well, lets make that sparkling cider :)
Oh & sorry about the yo yo that doesn't work :) hee hee
There is so much I love about this post....
the yo yo that doesn't work...(I too would prefer the candy bar -- always.)
the...it applies to everyone except me... so true. so true. so funny.
the...out of date spam vs. aging wine. Really a good question. You know some people love spam, fried up and crispy in a pan. But, I think it is safe to say that in this debate wine is the better one, so I will say you are a fine, aging wine (good by most people's definition, but also a little bit naughty and dangerous.) Right? Doesn't that sound like you?!
:)
Good luck on the blind date. Right on to the single, older life. Live it up yo!
Ooohhh...I have it. You are a fine aged cheese. (Cheese is good right? Or is cheese generally not something you want to be? I don't know. I love cheese.)
Now the question is, would it be good to have cheese with spam or cheese with wine? Hmmmm????? Good question.
HA HA! I Love it all. I agree with Britney though. I love a good aged cheese. I would prefer cheese every time. Besides, you're much more cheese-y than you are whine-y. Get it!?!? HA HA! I'm sorry, I couldn't refuse! Love you Boo Boo!
I don't think of you as fine wine, fine cheese, or (referring to earlier blog) mommy poop. You're just funny, terrific Mallorie. And thank you thank you thank you for updating the blog.
wow--thanks for all your comments. I do love good cheese but I'm not sure I'd like to BE cheese. And thanks Heidi for feeling me on the yo-yo thing. Funny though how even if the yo-yo doesn't work, you still put it in your pocket and keep it. :) And Tom, thank YOU for not thinking I'm poop.
Post a Comment